Thank you for your Interest selling your own creation in our store.
Showcase Leasing – Three (3) month minimum initially, then month to month thereafter.
Rent – Showcase space are priced per Square ($20/Square Space), beginning the first day of each month, payable in monthly installments, payable in advance, and due on the first day of each month.
Security Deposit - $20 is due upon signing.
Credit Card – A valid credit card is necessary to lease showcase space and will be kept on file.
Commission, House Fees and Sale Tax – A 10% commission will be charged on all cash sales and an additional 3% on credit card transactions. Renter agrees to clean, dust, rearrange, and replenish merchandise within leased space at least twice monthly. If our staff is required to clean leased space, a monthly $20 fee will be added to rent to cover labor and supplies. Puff Monkey Inc collects any eligible sales tax.
Merchandise – No adult themes related items permitted.
To find out if your items will be appropriate for Puff Monkey, contact us at 626-888-3779 with a list of types of merchandise you will be featuring. Photos may be also be presented. They will be peer reviewed and any concerns will be addressed by the owner of Puff Monkey Inc or their representative.
Liability – Puff Monkey Inc and employees are not responsible for any resulting damage, loss, injury or legal action. Puff Monkey will maintain liability insurance. Renter is responsible for any desired renters insurance. The renter will sell at their own risk. Puff Monkey will monitor all goods in the shop to the best of their ability. Puff Monkey Inc has invested in an electronic video monitoring system, alarm system and trustworthy staff. We will make every effort to safe guard your inventory.
Marketing and Branding – Puff Monkey Inc, retains the right to display and market products through its website. Social media pages, promotional events, advertising and in-store displays. Renters are encouraged to advertise through their own channels such as their own website and social media platforms. Puff Monkey also encourages you to tag, pin, or comment on any of the Puff Monkey social media sites as a means of bringing visibility to the shop. Printed materials such as flyers and cards will be made available to share with interested people.
Lessee Rules and responsibilities –
- The renter agrees to maintain their space, and to keep it replenished.
- The renter and Puff Monkey Inc will work hand in hand on the displaying of goods and the Vendor wishes to sell. Puff Monkey will have final word as to display location
- ALL merchandise must be clearly and accurated tagged at all the times. Items fouond in the showcase without tags will be handled through the Owners Account for safe keeping. If sold, the renter may recover the item or value thereof upon identifying the untagged/missing item.
- Items being used for display purposes ONLY must be clearly marked with your showcase number and “Display Only” or “Not for Sale”.
- Decorating, cleaning and maintaining your space is the renter’s responsibility. A “cleaning fee” may be charged if neglect occurs. See above “Commissions, and house fees and sales tax”
- The renter may stock their showcase anytime during the regular business hours. Puff Monkey Inc Staff and management may not be kept after hours to work on your space.
- Puff Monkey Inc is SMOKE-FREE building.
Termination of Lease – In the event a renter wishes to discontinue the rental agreement after the initial 3 month lease period, a two (2) week notice is requested by email Puffmonkey@puffmonkey.com. Puff Monkey Inc has the right to terminate a renter’s privileges immediately if policies are not adhered to. If the renter prematurely terminates the agreement. Puff Monkey Inc reserves the right to invoice for the full balance of the agreement plus all incurred fees due.
Hours of Operations – Puff Monkey Inc will be closed on some holidays (Christmas Day, New Year’s Day) as well as any severely inclement weather days and reserves the right to close at the owner’s discretion. Hours of operation will be posted.
Staffing – Puff Monkey Inc will provide necessary Key Holders and Sales Counter Staff for daily operation. Puff Monkey Inc Staff’s primary duty is to OPEN and CLOSE, manage the facilities, oversee daily sales operation and transactions and provide assistance with greeting guests. For this to truly be a success, renters are encouraged to be present whenever possible, wait on guests, answer questions and encourage sales. Only Puff monkey Inc staff and trained personal will be permitted to process sales transactions.
We hope this answers your basic questions. We look forward to possibly working with you. It’s our goal to provide a safe, organized clean and attractive historic environment that will only enhance the shopping experience for our guests.
Should you with to become a Renter at Puff Monkey Inc, contact us at 626-899-2610 to schedule an appointment.